Epson expands its range of large format printers with new plotters for the technical market.
The new plotters will be part of Epson's T-series.
It is about 7 new models, which can be divided into two sub-series ending with x100 and x400.
- Epson SureColor T3100
- Epson SureColor T3100N
- Epson SureColor T5100
- Epson SureColor T5100N
- Epson SureColor T3400
- Epson SureColor T3400N
- Epson SureColor T5400
This entire new series is built on the same principle and also uses the same ink type, but differentiates itself on a number of points.
Epson The T3100, T3100N and T5100 and T5100N are intro models for those customers who do not have the big printing needs on a daily basis.
Epson The T3400, T3400N and T5400 are built more robust and more durable in the long run.
If you have printing needs above 20 drawings per week, then you should look at this series.
As well as the more robust build of the plotter, it is also more economical to run because it uses larger ink cartridges.
Testing the new SureColor T series plotters
We have of course tested all the new machines and are quite impressed with how much printing you get for cheap.
These are some very economical machines that are really user friendly, but they also have some limitations in print quality.
So the customers to look at for this type of printer are probably mostly schools, architects, tradesmen, construction companies and the like.
As long as your printing is for internal use, this series of printer can meet many of your needs.
Our recommendation is perhaps to look more at e.g. Epson T3200, Epson T5200 or T7200 if you need to make posters, shop materials (POS) or similar that are used externally.
More about the new SureColor T series of plotters
- High print speeds -prints accurately in size A1/D in 34 and 31 seconds respectively.
- Easy to operate - A large, user-friendly 4.3" LCD colour touch screen makes printing easy.
- Compact, streamlined design - Ultra-small size and smart, minimalist design make the workspace even more manageable.
- Print almost anywhere in the office - Built-in wireless and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity options make it easy to print from tablets, smartphones and more.
- Stunning performance - The PrecisionCore MicroTFP print head features precise drop control for stunning clarity and enterprise-grade reliability thanks to nozzle verification technology.
- Durable, vibrant prints - The future of pigment-based UltraChrome XD2 ink for archival printing delivers stunning color and beautiful lines.
- Accurate, sharp details - Print diagrams, blueprints, line drawings and more Easy setup - Get started right away.